We recently learned that, about a year ago our little girl
was lying in a hospital room fighting for her life. She was living in an orphanage at that time
and I often wonder who was there with her as body was in distress. There have been many nights I drift off to
sleep with visions of her all alone, but my peace always comes in knowing that
God was with her. Last March, I began
praying that God would surround our children with people that would love, care,
and prepare their hearts for our family.
I know he placed people to care for her as she fought to
survive. God was also with her the afternoon she peered
around a corner wall as our family walked into the orphanage. Our eyes locked and in that instant I knew
that she was the little girl I had been praying over the last few years. I cannot describe all the feelings I had in
that moment, but as she stared back at me, I could see the hope in her eyes
asking “are you here for me?”
The bible tells us in Psalm 68:6 that “God places the lonely
in families…”
For the first time in 5 months I got to spend one on one
time with this sweet child this morning. It is days like today that I forget
which one of us God was rescuing from loneliness. I know that without a doubt that we were meant
to parent each of our children. It was
God ordained and I sit in awe of that each day, but perhaps I was the one that
needed to be placed in this family; that God was saving me from my own
loneliness. Psalm 68:6 continues on to read “…he sets the prisoners free and
gives them joy.”
This little girl is PURE JOY! Each day she teaches me about being free and
finding the joyful moment. Lord, thank
you for giving me a daily reminder of Joy!