The comforts of home

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

When you prepare to leave for a long journey there is no amount of luggage that will suffice. We are not light travelers and in trying to fit in all the comforts of home there became a point where the amount of luggage was just obnoxious. But, it was very hard to pick and choose what to take and what to leave behind. I sat among the many suitcases and for the umpteenth time in my life I was overwhelmed by stuff and sat thankful that God does not pick and choose his love for us. Oh how I long to be a person that is not consumed with stuff and comforts of this world.

Through emails, texts, phone calls, and lots of hugs we said our good-byes to those we love this week. While being prayed over and sent blessings from dear friends, I realized that all the stuff packed in our suitcases are not the comforts of home that will be missed.

Dear friends and family, you are cherished by our family. We feel blessed to have your love and prayers. We are so grateful for your reminders about what love in action looks and feels like. We are blessed that you have filled us up and are hearts are fueled for this journey. If we could pack you in our suitcases, I would gladly throw out all the stuff!

Love, Joy, and Peace to you all, you will be missed!