As I was drifting off to sleep last night I wondered where in the bible I would find comfort about preparing to travel and making sure we packed everything we needed for this adventure.
I was cozy warm and did not want to get up and flip through the pages, so instead I laid there thinking about Moses, Joshua, Nehemiah, Paul, Peter, and Abraham. I was thinking about all the traveling they did in their time and how God guided their paths and gave them all the needed in their travels. For all of them, their travels and what God was asking them to do was not easy, but they trusted in God's plan.
What lies ahead of us is so exciting, but I know some days will be difficult. God does not tell us this life will be easy, but he does give us what we need for the journey. As we knock down walls and rebuild our family I will cling to Nehemiah. When we waver in trust in God's plan, I will remember Abraham and Peter. When we find ourselves wandering, I will remember Moses. When I need courage, I will remember Joshua and when I need encouragement I will remember Paul.
I awoke this morning and opened my bible, here is what I found,
"Abraham did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform." (Rom 4:20-21)
We are standing in awe of God’s timing and giving praise and thanks for the blessings of these two lives that God is asking us to care for!
We ask for continue prayers as our family prepares to travel and adjusts to living in another country as a family of 6!