It's been a week since we left home and we are all feeling a little homesick. D came down for dinner and said he thought his shirt smelled like hamburgers, I ran over to him and hugged him so tight so I could get a good sniff! Tonight D and I prayed for God to give us patience so we could be the best we could be for the girls. D also told God that he really missed cheeseburgers and then asked if that was okay. I assured him God understands the heart and mind of a preteen boy and I know he hears my cries for patience as well. We are getting into a routine and today was the first day where we felt like we had a little control of the craziness that surrounds us. Lots of walks and a little pool time really helped break up our day.
In digging through some items leftover by a past adoptive family, I came across a devotion book and this evening stumbled upon this verse, "One thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14
What an amazing reminder to not focus on all the things I am missing, but rather look upward and remember why God has brought us here and in His timing.
Thanks for the continued prayers and emails of encouragement, it really fills my heart and gives me what I need to press towards the goal and be obedient to what God has called us to right now.