Finding beauty here

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11


I had every intention of keeping a journal while we were here, but as I reflect on the days that have passed, I come up with the same thing night after night. I refuse to begin each entry with the "this is so hard," accounts of my days, but instead I want to focus on the beauty that surrounds me right now.

Yesterday we hiked alongside a volcano, visited a market, and had an amazing lunch with a view that reminded me that God makes beauty out of ashes.

We have been blessed with some beautiful moments these past few days and I am trying to not let the difficult moments overshadow them. And while this is so hard, it can also be so beautiful. There is beauty when a child smiles when they hear "good job," or when they are told that they are loved. It is God making something beautiful out of something terrible when you sit and wipe away tears that hold years of heartache. It is beautiful when you hear a child giggle and laugh. It is beautiful when you watch four children whom were strangers a few days ago, play together as brothers and sisters. And it is beautiful when the one that won't let you into her heart, climbs upon your lap and tells you that she loves you. Yes, there is beauty here, some moments I have to look really hard to see it, but it is here.