Don't cry over spilled milk

Here is a glimpse into the last 24 hours so you can understand a bit of what we are going through. We moved into our condo and while it is somewhat Americanized, it is still a condo in a developing country, which means only AC in two bedrooms and none of the comforts of home I am used to. I am a hot sweaty mess of something that has some major culture shock at the moment. Let's add the fact that my parent load doubled yesterday and I am still sitting in the midst of God's amazing plan for our family.

Our very small kitchen and all the food needed to feed 6 people is a bit too much for me at this moment. Let's also throw in that we have two children that do not understand half of what I am saying and none of which their Papa and new found playmates are saying. They love to climb and explore EVERYTHING. It is like having two toddlers all over again. And while there have been moments filled with lots of laughs, we are trying to keep them safe and feeling that they are loved. I just want to hug away their pain and it has left me physically exhausted. I am so blessed that God gave me such an amazing partner and two awesome boys in this grand adventure, because I would be sinking without them.

So, this evening after coming home late from a doctor visit across town, I was quickly trying to get dinner ready. I was balancing an array of paper plates on a butter container and some dirty dishes all while trying to cut open a bag of milk(a bag of milk) and the milk spilled all over four of the six plates I had prepared. And yes, I cried over spilled milk (and not being able to cook mac n cheese).

But then I sat down to dinner and bowed my head to say thanks for the food before me and I looked up and saw the eldest girl doing the same. Giving thanks to God in the midst of chaos, spilled milk, language gaps, and all the changes that have occurred in the last 24 hours. Giving thanks that God loves me even when I cry over something as silly as spilled milk.