Upside Down

One week ago the boys and I were hunkered down, still in our pj’s, all of our scrapbook supplies poured out on the kitchen table. The boys were creating cards and all about me books as we watched the snow come down outside.

And then I received a phone call that turned our world upside down! The words approval, potential match, and TWO came from the other side of the phone. I scrambled and tried to comprehend all that was being said. I was shaking, I was scared! This was not how I pictured it would be. I thought we had months, almost 12 months to prepare for this phone call. I thought I would be overjoyed when this call came, but I sat there frozen in time, unable to move, shaken with great fear over how my world had just changed, hopefully forever!

This week has been one filled with emotions I cannot put into words. We are waiting to finalize our travel plans, praying big, and hoping this will all work out and we can travel to meet these children. So much uncertainty on waiting for answers if we will be able to do this had me spinning for a few days. By Monday evening the peace I had been praying for was delivered, but just moments before I felt that peace I was face down on my pillow, crying out to God for strength and mercy. He is so good!

And here we are three days later, a week after the phone call and we have more questions than answers at this point. Most families in our situation would have already traveled, but we could not due to the timing of so many things. We were not prepared! For the first time in my life, I was not prepared! Shelby and I looked at each other that night and asked “What is God doing to us?”

God is blessing us in the storm of uncertainty that is for sure. So far all our needs have been surpassed and my peace is still here.

We don’t know what the next week or months ahead will hold for our family. We don’t know if we will travel or if our request will be denied by their government. We don’t know if our current children will like living abroad and we don’t know anything about our future children.

But this is what we do know, we are loved and God is faithful. We are trusting in whatever the outcome; He knows what is best for our family. We are overcome with gratitude by all the love, support, and encouragement that our friends and family are pouring over us right now. Praise God for each and every one of you!