This, that, and whole lot of other

Wow, I totally forgot that I had a blog until someone texted me a bit ago and asked for the blog address. Whew, I guess I've been a little busy around here! Another few months has flown by so I think an update is in order for ya'll that are still following. Our paperwork made it south and we are waiting on approval. This will most likely take all Winter and into Spring. People seemed shocked by that, but we have no control and since we knew this going in we are in no hurry for news. My hope is that we make it through most of the school year before we have to entertain the idea of travel. The boys passports are applied for and we have been praying hard for their hearts to be open and ready for the journey, but God has some more work to do in this area. Right now we are thankful for the time to digest the changes coming.

Soccer just wrapped up for C and D is in the thick of practicing for Spell Bowl in a few weeks. I am excited to have family dinner time back with the end of soccer season. Spell bowl, well that is a different story and one that I will save for a different time.

Shelby and I leave for Guatemala in a few weeks. We are excited and anxious, face down in prayer over the ridiculous timing of everything. We can't wait to serve and love on the people we have met there. I am so glad God let's us do this work. I am so thankful for family and friends that pray for us while we are away.

Anytime I prepare to travel outside my comfort zone (which is almost daily) but especially anytime God is leading us to somewhere distant like Guatemala. I need to look back and reflect.

We have seen many changes this last year and I dare even put it on paper as I may just burst into tears. I hope it will help me see how God has been working in our lives these past 15 months.

Late last summer of 2012, Shelby switched jobs and I went back to work pretty much full time. The boys switched schools and we went through a number of months of readjustment for us all. Turned out that being a full time social worker, full time mom, full time wife, and trying to do ministry and volunteer work all at the same time was a recipe for disaster. I thought I was super women, I am totally NOT. We also got a new dog during that transition! Crazy, Yes! I resigned at the end of 2012. Not because of the dog, because my family needed me. I switched gears and worked part time until the end of the school year. The boys adjusted to their new school and life became as close to normal as we get. In early 2013 we committed to be a part of a new church plant in our area. We told God we would never do that, we are not church plant kind of people (whatever that means!) I also could not shake the heavy burden that God had laid upon my heart in caring for another child. We told God we would never adopt again, so I just let that one go for a few months. Are you seeing a pattern here people. First of all, don't you just love how I think I can tell God what I will and will not do for him. I had enough of myself and said Lord, I will come on board for anything you lead us to. So, in late Spring we said yes to adoption once again. We started one direction and God pulled us back and showed us we were heading in the opposite direction He wanted to take us. It was Go Big or Be Done time so to speak, so we decided to trust in God and Go Big. We thought we were done, we thought we had some of this crazy figured out until Shelby had an opportunity to switch jobs again. Who does this! Really, in the midst of an adoption! Anyone that has adopted is shaking their heads asking "Don't you know you will have to re-do paperwork and file amendments." Yes, we know. We have moved from just a little crazy to full on NUTS! We are there! It was a short ride so to speak since we have been living on the edge for sometime. when you live your life for Christ there is no other way to live. Can I get an AMEN, sisters!

There you have it, this, that and a whole lot of other.