Life in the back seat

A few years ago I stopped keeping a blog because I could not keep up with the updates and photo journal of our lives. I had hoped that keeping up with the chaos would be less of a challenge now that the boys were older, but it seems to take a back seat like so many things in my life. Also sitting in the back seat right now are the following: running (my treadmill is covered with items for a consignment sale this fall) my gratitude journal (sadly, this one is practically in the trunk) cleaning (I realized last night I was out of toilet bowl cleaner so I used a multi-surface cleaner instead!) scrap booking (I have resorted to making online books at the end of the year) my dog bagel (if she could talk she would say-“WOMEN, GIVE ME A WALK!”)

Things in the front seat: laundry (you just can’t get away from that one) adoption paperwork (some days I would like to throw it in the trunk out of frustration)
Adoption grant applications (these sit in my lap and once we are approved for a grant I may pull the gratitude journal out of the back seat) summer fun (the boys push this one to the front and for that I am thankful)

In every attempt at playing catch up and capturing what I see in the rear-view mirror, here is a June recap: I am a full time stay at home mom for the summer, the boys enjoyed Camp Invention and basketball camp for D and Nature Discovery camp for C. We had our “never say never again” garage sale/Craiglist sale and raised over $800, Shelby and D had their weekend at Camp Lakeview and we spent a week in Chicago for D’s camp at Northwestern. And because we have perfected crazy there was also the following: dancing to 80’s music while making breakfast in the morning, watching a parade in the rain, C learning to ride without training wheels with his over the top mother running alongside, making a store in the basement where I have purchased many coloring sheets and yarn/bead necklaces, working on 4-H projects that make us want to panic/yell/cry, a very competitive game of mini-golf that reminded us not to take our chaos out in public, and a Sunday afternoon cultural experience at Guatelinda on the west side.