Not a perfect mom

I know people that look like they have it all together; I mean really have it all together! Their kids are always well behaved, their make-up and hair is always done, they are always on time and they never look frazzled. I am NOT one of those people. When my boys were in preschool I helped coordinate a MOPS group at our church. In one of our beginning sessions I told these young mothers that if I ever looked like I had it all together, I really didn't. I never wanted anyone to compare their bad days to my good days (even though I am sure no one ever does) I am not being self deprecating, just sharing the God’s honest truth. Even on my good days I can’t pretend to have it all figured out. I have one day left until the end of this school year and I can hardly wait. Not because I am super excited to have the boys home for ten weeks straight (where is that balanced calendar I keep hearing about) but because they can help me with all the chores that need to be done around the house. I have two days worth of dishes stacked up in the sink and a mountain of laundry the size of Mt. Everest to tackle. My dog smells like stinky feet and I have a garage full of garage sale items that need to be sorted and priced. Yeah for summer break! I can guarantee my kids won’t want a thing to do with me come Monday.

For my friends that think I always have a perfectly clean house and that I may have been exaggerating the chaos that is my reality tonight…this one is for you!