Love Never Fails

It wasn't until I became a mother that I began to understand the depths of God's love for me. I also began to learn how much he loved my children. It was years after I became a mother that I met a sweet 11 year old girl in Guatemala. God used this young lady to really show me what His love looked like. I had only known her a few short days, but my heart was forever connected with hers. The love I have for her is indescribable and in the moments when I begin to worry about her health and safety, I try to remember that God loves her more! This has also helped me over the years when fear creeps in and I begin to worry about my boys. God's love is always greater than any fear I have.

But then God brought me here and I am learning to love in a different way.

I cannot change the past of these two precious lives that I have been entrusted with. They have had many years of life without anyone to protect them and as a result they have years of heartache and loss to work through. Together we need to build trust and learn to love each other. So that is what we are doing right now, right here in a place so far from where I call home, we are simply learning to love.

I keep singing these words from Brandon Heath's song, Love Never Fails...

"Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes
When you don't

Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you"

I have read just about every adoption related book out there and I have years of experience working with people that have been hurt and neglected, but there is nothing that has prepared me or given me more strength these last few days than 1 Cor 13:8, that love never fails. I cannot change their past, it is a part of who they are and the journey they have taken to be a part of our family, but I do know that love never fails.