Shaking it up!

There has been a lot more shaking these last few days here in Nicaragua.  Unlike other natural disasters, you cannot predict earthquakes, so the fear of them is rooted in the uncertainty of when they will occur.  As I drifted in and out of sleep last night, clingy to scripture and song, I tried to take comfort in knowing that regardless of when the next quake would occur, each and every day is filled with uncertainty of its own. It doesn't matter if I am here or in the United State and regardless of what the uncertainty may be, I am faced with a choice: to allow fear to win and paralyze me or choose to cling to what I know is true. 


“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.” Isaiah 43:2

through waters and fire…and I would like to add Earthquakes too!