Mile Marker 5

It occurred to me last night that I may be making this experience harder than it needs to be and I was asking God to show me where I needed to make changes in my attitude and approach. This morning I was led to the verse, “A voice of one calling: "In the wilderness prepare the way for the LORD; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. “ Isaiah 40:3.

I realized this morning that I have not been making a path for God, but instead I have been pushing my way through these last few weeks depending on my own strength and expertise. Instead of making a highway for God, I have been praying for resolutions and becoming frustration with the unanswered prayers. I am in the desert right now and instead of preparing the way for God to do his work in me and through me, I am wandering. I have stopped looking for the water, but instead hoping it is just right around the corner. The sad part is that I have been here before in so many circumstances in life. Apparently, this is a lesson that I have yet to master, so this time around I am taking really good notes.

And most of the notes center around the fruits of the spirit and allowing the Holy Spirit to intercede right now, because I am at the point where I need someone to carry me.

As I continued on reading in Isaiah 40, I found Gods promise that every mountain would be lowered and the ground will become level. This is such good news as I look ahead and allow Him to work in my life, here and now.

It has been five weeks since I left home and three weeks since I said good-bye to the other half of my family. Our case for the girls seemed to be moving quickly in the beginning, but it has now been three weeks since we have had a visit from the social worker or any updates. With very little information to grasp onto and a process that is unpredictable, I find myself rapidly getting tired of being here. For all my friends that love running (or perhaps those that don’t can relate more) I feel like I am at mile 5 on a half marathon course and I don’t know where the next mile marker or water station is placed!

But yet, just like in a race all I can do is keep going.

The immigration issue stateside is still in the works and we are praying that it is resolved before we need to travel home. People keep asking how much longer until that will be and I would love to be able to give an answer, but unfortunately I can’t.

So, I will keep on running, making a highway to our God and waiting for the next mile marker!