When I am wrong, I admit I am wrong! Shelby did have something to contribute to our family blog. However, not much has changed in 18 years of knowing him and in helping him compose this entry I ended up doing the typing and editing. I am having flashbacks to the many nights that I sat in his fraternity computer room helping/writing his papers for him while he made cheese toasties and watched reruns of Welcome Back Carter. I am pretty sure that is how I earned my MRS. Degree!
While working on setting up some computers for a mission trip my oldest son asked me the question,”what is the difference between a hard drive and memory?” I explained to him that a hard drive is like a filing cabinet and memory is like the top of your desk. I continued on to explain that the filing cabinet holds a lot of information, however it takes longer for you to get the information out of a filing cabinet than it does off your desk. You can only have so much paper on your desk before it gets full and then you have to file things away before you can get more out. And to drive the point home I said "When you are all done with your project mommy is going to come in here and make you clean everything off your desk." And he looks at me and said “daddy, I guess that is why they call it a mother board.”