Welcome

This blog is really a confession of two things that you will get to know about our family as you follow our story. We are chaotic and I am a very imperfect mom! I have finally resolved to the fact that we will always be chaotic and I will never be perfect. There I said it...and to all mothers out there it is a very freeing confession. For those that are following for the first time, my name is Amy. I am one of the fearful leaders of this chaotic clan. My co-part is Shelby and other than supporting my desire to capture crazy in the rear view mirror, you will not hear from him on this blog! He enjoys living out our chaos in private, poor thing! Our oldest son Dane, will likely be a guest blogger from time to time. He, like his mother, has so much to say about this family and the chaos that it spews. In fact, the name for this blog was inspired from one spirited evening in our home when he professed that "This family makes Chaos look Normal" I laughed so hard, I cried, and nearly pee'd my pants. Not so much from the humor, but from the honest portrayal of our family. I decided to quit fighting it, own it, and move forward with the philosophy that if you can't beat em, join em. We also have an almost 6 year old son,Chase, that wakes each morning with more energy than the rest of us combined. He is our firecracker and because he knows his mother so well and her ability to blow it on occasion, you will find him praying after one of his "moments of impulse" as I like to call them. I didn't feel like I had enough to do being a full time wife/mother and part time social worker, so this past fall I decided we needed a furry friend to join our family as an attempt to calm us all a bit. Whew, that one backfired! Her name is Bagel and she comes with her own set of quirks.

You will also notice that within this blog there may be a few additions to our story as of late. If you followed our past blogs you may have already figured it out, but in case you have not had enough coffee this morning, let me catch you up. We are adding to our chaos! Just recently, we decided to move forward in adopting from Africa.

So, grab a fresh cup of coffee (you will need the caffeine) and get ready to join us for the crazy ride. It promises to be a roller coaster ride of sorts. If you have spent anytime with our family, you get it:)