I actually intended for these to be two separate posts, but
as I began to write about why we said yes to another adoption, more
specifically one where I would have to live apart from my family, the topics
seemed to go together. The latest item
in my gratitude journal reads, “words of encouragement” which reminded me of
why we said yes to this crazy adventure so many months ago.
I have done other blog posts about why we decided to adopt
again, but one thing I have not shared is your role in all this. One of the
main reasons we decided to adopt again was because of you. Stop right there and read that again
please!
This mission that God has sent us on was about you.
And here is why. Your words of encouragement get me through
each day. I have never met some of you
reading this, but you send me such kind words that build my endurance and my
faith. I would not be able to be here if it weren't for you. God is using you
more than you know!
Your words and prayers are felt and are such an incredible
gift, but you need to know something….you all think too highly of me! I feel like
maybe I have fooled you into thinking that I am someone I am not. Because I am not that brave, nor strong, and
my heart can sometimes feel small. And that
is how I know it is not me at all.
Nothing I am doing here is on my own.
It is because of you and the way God is working in all this.
I had lists of all the reasons why I couldn't do this again
and what I heard God say to me was that those lists didn't matter. He clearly spoke into my heart and led me to
this realization. He was leading us to adoption again because He wanted to
bring others alongside us. He wanted us
to humble ourselves and realize we could not do it without your help. He wanted this to be about you.
Each time you lift our family up in prayer and every time
you pray for the girls, you are touching the lives of the lost and broken. Mine
and theirs!
Every penny gifted in support of this journey has been so we
could be sent on this mission and serve these girls with love and the resources
needed to bring them to a forever family.
And that love they feel, it is not just our love, it is
yours too!
I am so grateful for many things in this journey, but none
more than how each of you have served our family. You are giving us the
strength to do this and showing love through your actions and words.
Dear friends, please don’t underestimate the way you are
serving our family right now. The lives of two girls are being forever changed. All we did was say yes, the rest is because
of you.