I will have to show two hands!


With an apprehensive smile he said “I will have to show two hands now and proudly put up the number six.” Today is his last day as a five year old and my heart is heavy. Five is still closer to those preschool days, but with six we sit on the cusp of first grade and that is too much for me to wrap my heart around. This past year has been wonderful, yet filled with challenge for my little guy. His zest for life has not been broken (thank God) but he still struggles with balancing his emotions and energy at school. This year was laced with lots of doctor visits, medication, and a new diet, but he took it all with bravery and very little complaints. I cannot brag enough about how proud I am of him and all that he has dealt with this year. While we still don’t have all our answers, I am thankful he is thriving and a bright child that loves sports, school, and playing outside. Happy Birthday and Baptismal Birthday to my feisty little fire cracker.

Five Years Ago